Two months of silence here doesn’t mean I’ve disappeared or that there isn’t anything to write about.
Watch here for articles soon about some of the following:
- A headline in the The Examiner: Baltimore: GOP leaders want ‘de facto’ ban lifted. After the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the use of lethal injection in Kentucky executions this week, Republicans in Maryland are calling for a resumption of the use of the death penalty in this state. Abolishment of the death penalty in Maryland failed once again in our legislature this year. I’ll offer some thoughts about this. Related to this is the current debate about imposing the death penalty for those convicted of the crime of rape of a child.
- Observations about the Democratic presidential nominee election process.
- Westboro Baptist Church – There is plenty of ongoing news about these folks!
- The visit of Pope Benedict to the United States.
- Reflections on life and recent events.
- … and more.